F A Q
1. membership questions
- how do i become a registered user?
To become a registered user of the SERIWorld.org site, please complete the simple registration form, with the user name and password of your own choice. Free registration link is available on the upper-right corner of the homepage.
The registration form asks you to supply general information about yourself, including your name, company name, industry, and the like. In addition, you will be given the option of signing up for our e-mail newsletters. You can also sign up to receive information about our new features, events, special coverage offered by SERIWorld.org.
- I forgot my password or username. What should I do?
If you have problem logging in, please contact us at email@example.com
- How do I change my personal information (including email address)?
2. Content Questions
- How can I get permission to obtain copies or reprint of an article, graph, or other content on the SERIWorld website?
You may obtain copies of reports or other contents on the website by downloading and printing PDF files provided on the page or by using the Print link on the right-hand corner for a printer-friendly format.
If you wish to obtain a formal permission for reprint or for reprint of the content in other publications, please send a request by filling out our General Questions and Comments form. In the comments/questions section of the form, please include details about the publication, if applicable, as well as specifics regarding the content you wish to reprint. SERI evaluates each request on an individual basis.
- How may I obtain books written by SERI researchers?
You may order most books directly from the publisher or bookseller. Please see the |Books| section of the site for more information. Please note that most books are written in Korean and not available in full-text English.
- I have comments and suggestions regarding your website. To whom may I direct my feedback?
Please email us to submit your suggestions or feedback about SERIWorld.org. Your comments will be sent directly to our website administrator.
3. Technical Questions
- Do I need any special software or plug-ins to view this website properly?
The site is best viewed with Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 5.01 or higher). The following links will take you to the necessary browsers and plug-ins needed to view the site in its entirety. If you are not currently running a browser from the list below or do not have all the listed plug-ins installed, we recommend that you first complete any necessary installations and then re-visit our website.
Below we provide links to the most recent versions.
Latest browser versions:
Latest plug-ins :
- I am trying to download a PDF file, but it takes too much time.
Portable Document Format (PDF) files allow computer users to view electronic documents as they would appear on paper. SERI provides research reports in this format for users who prefer to read or print the complete version of a document rather that view it as a series of Web pages. PDF files are viewed using a program called Adobe Acrobat Reader. This program may have already been installed on your computer. To check, you should:
Click on the PDF file icon that you would like to view.
View the PDF file when Adobe Acrobat Reader automatically displays it for you.
If Adobe Acrobat Reader does not start automatically or does not seem to be functioning properly, Acrobat Reader may not be installed on your computer, it may have been installed improperly, or you may have an older version. To remedy any of these problems, please follow the steps in the PDF Help document.
4. SERI Quarterly
- What is SERI Quarterly?
SERI Quarterly, launched in 2008, is the all-English, all-original content publication of the Samsung Economic Research Institute. The primary objective is to provide native expertise on Korean and East Asian economy, businesses, industries, and policies to a wider global audience. SQ may be classified as a business journal, and its readership includes those in industry, academia and government with a high grasp of practical and technical knowledge. The majority of the content contribution comes from researchers within SERI, and SQ regularly publishes a series of stories pertaining to Korean consumers, society, the North Korea issue, and other issues.
- When are new SERI Quarterly issues released?
New SQ issues are printed and released online during the first week of every January, April, July and October. In addition, SQ posts other web content on its webpage <www.seriquarterly.com> both regularly (weekly/monthly) and irregularly.
- Are SERI Quarterly articles peer-reviewed?
Yes. SQ maintains a Review Board of various experts from diverse fields to review all article drafts for substance and quality prior to publication.
- How can I contribute articles to SERI Quarterly?
SQ welcomes story idea proposals on a rolling basis. The proposal should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SQArticle Proposal” as the Subject heading as an MS Word file attachment, and include the following:
- a. An abstract of 200 words or less;
- b. An outlined table of contents;
- c. Author's bio of 100 words or less, including:
- i. Educational background and degrees
- ii. Current and past career positions
- iii. Research/professional interests
- iv. Recent publications
- What are the benefits of registering with SERI Quarterly?
Registered individuals have full online access to all current and previous SQ issues, including downloadable PDF files and other content. Readers may also sign up to receive monthly newsletters. Institutions and libraries should send an email to email@example.com to request print copies
- Is my personal information sold or shared with outside parties?
SQ will not use personal information provided during registration for any other purpose outside of providing SQ issues and improving its content. SQ does not sell subscriber information to third parties or share it with other Samsung subsidiaries.
- How do I change my address or update my account information?
Please send an email to SQ with the Subject line “Address Change” or “Account Information Update” to firstname.lastname@example.org. The changes will take effect within one full cycle.
- How do I cancel my subscription or stop receiving newsletters from SERI Quarterly?
Please send an email to SQ with the Subject line “Subscription Cancellation” and/or “Newsletter Cancellation” to email@example.com. The cancellation will take effect within one full cycle.
- Can readers write letters to SERI Quarterly editors concerning its articles and the issues discussed within?
Yes. Readers may send emails to SQwith the Subject line “Letter to the Editor” to firstname.lastname@example.org. SQ will review and select a limited number of letters to publish on its webpage <www.seriquarterly.com>. for the purposes of sharing insights and stimulating substantive discourse. SQ reserves the right to edit all submissions for clarity, form and style.
- Which Romanization system does SERI Quarterly use to transliterate Korean into English?
SQ employs the McCune-Reischauer system to express (한글) characters in English.
- What if I have more questions not listed in this FAQ or would like further information?
Please drop SQ a note at email@example.com. SQ welcomes all questions and comments and will make every effort to provide feedback and/or more information within two (2) business days.